Senior Developer, Nottingham
Patchworks are Europe’s leading cloud iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service), connecting the best SaaS in high-growth retail. We power some of the world’s fastest growing fashion and lifestyle brands, including Gymshark, Bluebella, Sophie Allport and This Works, and we’re proud they consider us an essential partner.
Our customers love Patchworks and our iPaaS for two reasons:
We get stuff done.
We’re constantly innovating.
Patchworks integrate the best in cloud software for rapid growth fashion and lifestyle retailers. We’re looking for a highly talented engineer to take the Patchworks Platform to the next level.
You’ll be reporting directly into the Board, whilst having overall responsibility for mentoring and developing a highly motivated and talented team of developers.
You will be a hands-on coder at heart who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and will be responsible for taking proprietary software projects from concept to delivery, whilst also being commercially aware.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience coaching and mentoring a proprietary software development team.
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Commercial experience with data manipulation, experience with eCommerce and / or ERP data sets would be advantageous.
- Data Modelling, including strong experience with designing and developing RESTful APIs, as well as documentation and management.
- Experience of working with the following data formats: JSON, SOAP, ODATA, XML, CSV.
- A good demonstrable grasp of version control systems (we use GIT).
- Experience with JS Frameworks (node are preferable).
- Experience In Object Oriented PHP (PSR Compliant PHP (7+)).
- Experience with Laravel or Symfony based frameworks.
- Knowledge of debugging tools, such as Xdebug.
- Knowledge and understanding of internet and data security requirements.
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment.
- SysOps and DevOps experience would be advantageous.
- TDD experience would be advantageous.
- Become an expert in the Patchworks system.
- Support the Lead Engineer in order to develop them and their team’s performance through coaching and other learning opportunities.
- Develop and maintain integrations that are efficient and scalable, ensuring that data is transferred at all times in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Carry out development with usability, scalability and future maintenance in mind.
- You will be an advocate for code that is both elegant and reusable.
- Share development skills and knowledge with other team members and focus on improving the ability and productivity of the engineering team.
- Review and maintain high-quality code output.
- Define and drive best development practices.
- Assess new technology opportunities and make recommendations to the Board.
- Drive the implementation and research of new development and delivery techniques.
- Competitve salary with bonus schemes
- Modern office, set in the heart of London
- Contribution matched pension scheme
- Regular company staff nights out
- Endless tea, coffee and biscuit supply
- Flexible working hours
Apply for this role
If you think you’d be a good fit for this job, simply fill out the application form below – we look forward to hearing from you!